Skaters! Do you have any dresses or skates sitting around the house that you have outgrown? Do you need to buy a new outfit for your next competition? If so, then we have the perfect opportunity for you! Bring your gently used skates, skating outfits, or other skating equipment to our used apparel and skate sale. You can choose to consign your items (you keep 80% of the selling price) or to donate them to the club. These sales are the perfect opportunity to pick up a new competition outfit or purchase other skate apparel at a great price, so be sure to browse when you drop by!
- When: Saturday, November 12, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
- Where: Motto McLean Ice Arena, 45th & P St.
- Who: all skaters & families
Preparing for the used skate & apparel sale:
If you are planning to sell your gently used items, here’s a handy checklist to help things run smoothly. Please complete these items prior to the sale:
- You can drop off items before the sale begins at 8 a.m.
- Please have all apparel arranged on hangers.
- All merchandise needs to have a tag firmly affixed to item (preferably with a safety pin) with your name, item size, and price.
- Please print off and complete the Seller Form (click link to download). Leave your completed form with your items for sale (this allows us to keep track of your items for you.)
- Merchandise should be picked up by the end of the sale at 11:30 a.m. Any items not retrieved by 11:45am will be donated.
- Questions? Contact Laura
Download Seller Form
The weather is turning cooler, the leaves are starting to fall…and winter will be here before you know it. We have now opened registration for our popular Winter I session of Learn to Skate classes!
For your convenience, we now offer Learn to Skate classes four days a week at two different facilities: Motto McLean Ice Arena (45th & P St. in Hitchcock Park) and Baxter Arena (67th & Center).
Our current schedule includes:
- Monday evenings, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Motto McLean Arena
- Tuesday evenings, 5:00-6:00 p.m., Baxter Arena
- Thursday evenings, 6:00-7:00 p.m., Baxter Arena
- Saturday mornings,10:30-11:30 a.m., Motto McLean ice arena
If you would like to register for our upcoming session of Learn to Skate classes, you can register by:
- use our handy online registration system (open until the 1st day of class)
- print and fill out our registration form, which you can either mail with payment or bring with you on the first day of class
Our Winter I session tends to fill very quickly, so we highly recommend you register soon and reserve your skater’s spot in class!
To register in person or by mail:
Download Registration Form
To register online (with online payment also available for your convenience!):
Contact our Skating Director, Andrea Williamson, with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the rink!
Is your skater ready for the next level of figure skating?
- Students in levels Basic 6 through Freeskate 6 are eligible to participate
- Students who are ready to advance from Learn to Skate lessons to a more advanced figure skating program
- Group instruction and training specifically designed for beginning competitive skaters
- Taught by our highest level professional coaching staff
- Consists of 30 minutes of on-ice training and 30 minutes of off-ice conditioning
- Small class size and use of the entire ice surface are ideal for students who wish to progress more rapidly to higher levels of instruction
Rising Stars Academy Winter I Session
Motto McLean Ice Arena
Saturday, Oct. 29 – Dec. 17
7:25 – 7:55 am Off-Ice instruction
8:00 – 8:30 am On-Ice instruction
** please bring water bottle, tennis shoes, and jump rope for off-ice portion of class
Download Registration Form
Would you like more information about our club? Sign up for our Learn to Skate newsletter! We will send you quarterly information about our classes, special events, and discounts, as well as tips for skating parents. See you on the ice!