The weather is turning cooler, the leaves are starting to fall…and winter will be here before you know it. We have now opened registration for our popular Winter I session of Learn to Skate classes!
For your convenience, we now offer Learn to Skate classes four days a week at two different facilities: Motto McLean Ice Arena (45th & P St. in Hitchcock Park) and Baxter Arena (67th & Center).
Our current schedule includes:
- Monday evenings, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Motto McLean Arena
- Tuesday evenings, 5:00-6:00 p.m., Baxter Arena
- Thursday evenings, 6:00-7:00 p.m., Baxter Arena
- Saturday mornings,10:30-11:30 a.m., Motto McLean ice arena
If you would like to register for our upcoming session of Learn to Skate classes, you can register by:
- use our handy online registration system (open until the 1st day of class)
- print and fill out our registration form, which you can either mail with payment or bring with you on the first day of class
Our Winter I session tends to fill very quickly, so we highly recommend you register soon and reserve your skater’s spot in class!
To register in person or by mail:
Download Registration Form
To register online (with online payment also available for your convenience!):
Contact our Skating Director, Andrea Williamson, with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the rink!
Is your skater ready for the next level of figure skating?
- Students in levels Basic 6 through Freeskate 6 are eligible to participate
- Students who are ready to advance from Learn to Skate lessons to a more advanced figure skating program
- Group instruction and training specifically designed for beginning competitive skaters
- Taught by our highest level professional coaching staff
- Consists of 30 minutes of on-ice training and 30 minutes of off-ice conditioning
- Small class size and use of the entire ice surface are ideal for students who wish to progress more rapidly to higher levels of instruction
Rising Stars Academy Winter I Session
Motto McLean Ice Arena
Saturday, Oct. 29 – Dec. 17
7:25 – 7:55 am Off-Ice instruction
8:00 – 8:30 am On-Ice instruction
** please bring water bottle, tennis shoes, and jump rope for off-ice portion of class
Download Registration Form
Would you like more information about our club? Sign up for our Learn to Skate newsletter! We will send you quarterly information about our classes, special events, and discounts, as well as tips for skating parents. See you on the ice!
The Figure Skating Club of Omaha is excited to offer Saturday Specialty Classes again this coming season! Our Specialty Class program is a rotation of classes covering spins, jumps, edges, figures, endurance/cardio, and more. Specialty classes will be instructed by FSCO Senior level coaching staff. Specialty classes are scheduled on Saturdays, 7:25-7:55 am off-ice and 8:00-8:30am on-ice, for the months of September through March.
To ensure the club can continue to provide this special program to our upper level skaters, we are offering this program as a pre-paid class. To learn more about class prerequisites, please visit our Specialty Class page. Registration forms are due back to Andrea no later than September 1st.
Specialty Class Registration